Volunteers Always Welcome
Here at the Museum we are committed to recording and preserving the history of aviation in Norfolk and the exhibits we display reflect that policy. We are a registered charity and a member of the 'British Aircraft Preservation Council'.
The museum is run by a team of dedicated volunteers, and without these people our continued existence would be impossible.
If you like what you see on this site, and would like to support us, then please check out our guidelines and application form. It is not an essential requirement of membership that you must do work here, or even visit; simply to join is to support.
Volunteers And Members
As a volunteer organization, the 'City of Norwich Aviation Museum' is always looking for new members to help with the running and upkeep of the museum. There are many tasks that need doing at the museum:-
- Aircraft : Maintenance, repair, painting and assembly of aircraft.
- Displays: Creating new displays, updating old ones, creating interactive displays.
- Building: Keeping the buildings & grounds neat and in good repair.
- History: Maintaining an up to date archive.
- Visitors: Helping to run the museum, showing visitors in the Vulcan and Nimrod (when available), serving customers in our 'Friendship Tearoom'.
- Publicity: Helping out on our fundraising stall, taking part in other events to publicise the museum.
And many more varied and challenging tasks.